I have never taken the time to make a statement of my Christian convictions so here it is…
- The authority of Scripture – Sola Scriptura on this account – John 8:31b,
“If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.”
Scripture is the recorded teachings of Jesus Christ. It is the full revelation of the nature of God. The Old Testament prophesied of Jesus’ coming and the New Testament is the fulfillment and prophecy of His soon return (Second Coming, also literal).
- The Trinity – He is One in three persons (Matthew 28:19). He revealed Himself in masculine form (Father and Son) and no, He is nowhere near the god of The Shack who appears as a Black woman. This is pure fiction that makes for an itching ear bestseller. The Holy Spirit’s definite pronoun is He (John 16:13). Denying the Trinity also raises questions whether you truly believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer. Trying to understand everything about God without a godly capacity and understanding (1 Corinthians 2:14) will make you come up with a different conclusion.
- Salvation through faith in Christ alone – (Ephesians 2:8-9). If you think you can get to heaven through all your good deeds, you might as well switch labels from Christian to Humanist. We can never save ourselves apart from God since our good works are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6).
- Hell is literal– It is a place that was originally intended for the devil and his fallen angels.
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.”
You have the choice to opt out of the default destination, but not responding to The Way out (John 14:6), you end up going there. This literal horrific place is the reason why Jesus came to die in your place (Isaiah 53:5, John 3:17).
- Rapture – Jesus promises that there will be an escape to the tribulation that is to come (Luke 21:36 below, Revelation 3:10).
“Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”
If Jesus says there will be an escape, it’s the truth. Some of us could well die before the Rapture even takes place, but what He says is trustworthy. I lean to Pretrib, since if you go through the wrath, you totally missed the Rapture and Scripture is clear that God’s wrath is reserved for those who are disobedient (Colossians 3:5-6, Romans 1:18).
- Once Saved Always Saved/Eternal Security – He died once and for all for the atonement of our sins (1 John 2:2, Romans 6:10). If you have truly put your faith in Jesus as your Savior, He promised that no one can snatch us from His hand, which also means not even our own momentary backslidings can nullify His finished work (John 10:28, Philippians 1:6). The gift of salvation is irrevocable once you are sealed with the Holy Spirit. Choosing to live in constant rebellion as a believer is asking for a severe course correction (Hebrews 12:8, 1 Corinthians 11:32).
- Pro-Israel – One can’t claim to worship a Messiah who is Jewish (John 4:19-26) and end up hating the Jews. It makes no sense. Besides, anyone who is Anti-Israel is antisemitic and this is what Scripture says about those who hate,
“But anyone who hates a brother or sister is in the darkness and walks around in the darkness. They do not know where they are going, because the darkness has blinded them.”
1 John 2:11
The modern-day Jews are the descendants of the Jews whom God said He was going to bring back to the land (Ezekiel 36:24 below, Ezekiel 37:21).
“’For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land.”
- Complementarianism – Men and women were created equal, but when it comes to authority, God has an established order. If you can’t submit to that established order found in Genesis 3:16, “To the woman He said, I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you shall deliver children; Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he shall rule over you,” you are setting yourself up to a life of disobedience.
“Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.”
“Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.”
1 John 2:4
- Modesty – Even Christian men struggle with porn. Those who bear the name of Christ ought to conduct themselves in a way that does not become a stumbling block to men and someone else’s husband by dressing in a way that does not call the wrong kind of attention. If you dress in skin-tight outfits and show a lot of skin, men will not see Christ in you. Sanctification leads to modesty. You can differ in opinion, but sooner or later, you will find that it leads to no other way but this.
- The Mark of the Beast is LITERAL – (Revelation 13:16-18). We can clearly see all things leading up to this in our day and age. Only those who reject Christ will take this mark (Revelation 13:8).